Marking process HELP
(Holistic Enhanced Laser Process)
HELP is a holistic vision-assisted laser marking process that offers part and mark
validation prior and right after marking. HELP helps to avoid marking errors and is
capable of validating laser contents right after marking. This is particularly important
for users with strict quality and code integrity requirements.
HELP in three stages:
Laser marking with validation prior and right after marking eliminates potential marking errors
|1: Pre-mark verification|
Validates correct part and prevents marking of wrong or defective parts.
|Pre-mark verification: |
Confirms that only unmarked parts are being processed.
Aligns the mark relative to the position of the part.
|2: Laser marking (product identification)|
|3: Post-mark verification|
Validates that marks have been placed correctly (positioning, alignment, size).
|Optical Character Verification (OCV):|
Validates that every character marked by the laser matches the expected content.
|2D code validation and code reading:|
Reads the contents of 1D and 2D codes (Datamatrix, e.g. ECC 200, GS1; QR) and compares the results to the expected content. A classification of the code into quality classes is possible.
Laser marking, reading and verifying codes
Validation of laser markings through Optical Character Verification
Your product benefits:
- Automatic mark alignment, laser-aided processing and verification
- Full traceability and compliance with regulations
- More efficient and flexible production: validation of laser marking directly in the laser system right after marking reduces handling times
- Reproducible, stable processes
- Consistent premium-quality markings
- Eliminates possible marking errors and reduces non-conforming parts
Main fields of application:
Ideally suited for the reliable production, especially with regard to the medical device, aerospace, automobile and electronics industries, and the construction of tools, machines and metals.