Webinar UDI Expert Talk: Preventing corrosion during laser marking – Practical application experience
30. September 2021 / 16:00 - 17:00 Uhr
What you can expect:
Laser marking on metals like titanium or stainless steel can cause corrosion in the lasered areas. But only if corrosion is prevented, the direct mark on a medical device will remain durable throughout its lifetime. In addition, particle emission can only be prevented if the surface is intact, so that biocompatibility can be guaranteed, e.g. of an implant.
Therefore, direct marking of medical devices should be understood as a multi-stage process that is not completed with laser marking alone. Rather, pretreatment, passivation and cleaning are among the surface treatment steps that are necessary to prevent corrosion. In order to ensure all the normative aspects, a process validation should also be performed to achieve UDI-compliant code marking.
- What surface treatment is legally required by MDR/FDA for UDI labeling?
- How do the different steps of the marking process steps correlate?
- What needs to be considered for a comprehensive validation of the surface treatment process?
- How do the material properties and the marking technology impact the marking results?